Thursday, January 22, 2009

Since I wrote last . . .

Okay, so the last time I posted anything was before our wonderful Christmas Adventure. . . We got to take a trip home to Utah for a nice long Christmas Break. We left Carbondale on Dec. 14th and headed west across Missouri then northwest to Nebraska, then west across Nebraska and Wyoming until we arrived in Utah about 48 hours later (with many stops, including two nights in Columbia, MO & Laramie, WY). We were very blessed to miss most of the bad weather and made the trip just fine.

We spent the first portion of our vacation visting our friends and family in Northern Utah. We got to spend most of our time in Kaysville with Bryce's family - his Mom & Dad, his sister StacyAnn, and his brothers Craig & Garrett. We even got to meet Craig's fiance, Lindsey.

We also had the opportunity to spend some time in Brigham City visiting with my Grandma & Grandpa Christensen. We also had the opportunity to visit with many of our other friends, who I would list, but I know that I'd forget someone, so I'd rather not try.

After Christmas we headed South to Blanding to visit with my family. It was the first time I had been home since we moved and it surprized me how little has changed. My sibling have grown, some work has been done on the house, but all in all, not much really changed. Anyway, back to my narrative. In Blanding I helped throw a baby shower for Danny's wife, Aleena, and had a blast doing so. We got to rest a lot (mostly to recover from colds that all three of us caught), but we did make it over to Norwood, CO to visit some of my Dad's family. We got to see my Great Grandma Jane (Owen's great-great-grandmother) and got to visit with her for a while.

Throughout our entire visit it was so much watching our siblings interact with Owen. He got a long with everyone (after an initial adjustment period), but he seemed to have the most fun with Garrett and Benny, our 16 year old brothers. I'm not sure why this was the case, but it was sure fun to watch.

After we visited with my family we headed home again. Neither of us had ever taken the southern route to Illinois, and since Denver was once again threatened with bad weather, we went south. We stopped by the four corners monument - so we could say that we've been there - then we headed out accross New Mexico, spending the first night on the road in Santa Fe in a quaint little place downtown. The next day we pushed on accross the rest of New Mexico, the tip of Texas, accross Oklahoma, and stopped for the night near the boarder of Oklahoma and Missouri. We drove the final stretch the third day and arrived home safe and sound. We were blessed with good weather, Owen slept nearly the whole way, and when we arrived home all was well.

No comments:

Post a Comment