So now for the present, or nearly present. Last week was Spring Break. To give ourselves a bit of a break from the daily grind we took a trip with our friends, Bobby, Steven, and Christine, to a resort on the banks of Grand Lake in Oklahoma. We had a nice, relaxing visit, since it is still the off-season there, and we got to see a few sights. The neatest place we went was called Har-Ber Village. It is sort of an outdoor museum of the people and lifestyle of the midwest from frontier days until the mid 1900's. They had over 100 cabins and buildings built as replicas from original frontier housing materals. The buildings were filled to capacity with everything imaginable. They had a jail, a post office, a court room, a church, doctor's offices, dentist offices, cabins, nicer homes, etc. They had artifacts such as furniture, clothing, toys, tools, musical instruments, and the list goes on. Everything was in imaculate condition and it was amazing to see so many neat items in one place. I wish that I could have gone back in time and met the people that the artifacts belonged to, because I'm sure that each and every item has a story behind it. So, if you every happen to be near Grove, OK, take an afternoon and be amazed by history.
Back at the resort we spent our time soaking in the hot tub, playing games, fixing delicious meals, and trying to teach Owen how to walk (he's still not very interested, and because of the energy needed to keep up with him now, I'm okay with him taking a bit longer to learn). Although walking was unsucessful, we did teach him how to go up and down the stairs in the hallway without falling. After three beautiful days of peace and relaxation, we had to head back home to Carbondale. So here we are, refreshed, happy, and ready to face what ever life has in store for us with our heads held high and a spring in our step.





Sounds like a nice break.
ReplyDeletethat's funny, I'll be in Brigham City this summer too.
ReplyDeleteOn the topic of kids walking I wish I could convince Lilly she doesn't want to. She is only 7 months and already pulls up on everything and tries to walk on her own. I was hoping for at least a couple more months of nonmobility. Oh well. I am looking forward to seeing you this summer.