So, I haven't really written much for a while - mostly because I haven't taken any pictures to go along with our life in a couple of months, so I guess I just need to catch up by writing. November was a crazy and good month. Bryce's show, Cabaret, came to a head. This meant a couple of weeks of him spending 12 - 18 hours at work trying to get the sound and sets ready. He was really busy and we didn't see him a lot, but we did try to visit him every other day or so at the University. Owen loved going to see Daddy at work, and he became a favorite of the students as he ran around trying to help everyone. Picture a two-year-old pushing a push broom that is twice as tall as he is, or trying to make an electric screw gun work. They were precious moments that pictures wouldn't do justice even if I had taken any : ).
Last week, we took a mini-vacation to Herrin, Illinois to visit our friends - Leslie, Captain, and Harvey Smith - for Thanksgiving. We drove down on the 24th (Bryce's birthday) and then we all went out to dinner to celebrate. We had delicious barbecue at the 17th Street Bar & Grill (a local, award winning restaurant). The next day was Thanksgiving and we enjoyed spending it with our good friends that have become our family away from home. Owen and Harvey played well together - mostly, and Owen didn't want to go anywhere unless Harvey came too. On Friday Leslie, Harvey, and Judy (Leslie's mom), came home to St. Louis with us, since Judy had an early flight the next morning. We had more fun with our friends and were sorry to say good-bye, since we probably won't see them again until some time in January.
After all of our Thanksgiving fun, Bryce and I have both taken turns being sick. Bryce with an ear infection and a cold, me with just a cold. We are both still a little bit under the weather, but have returned to a mostly functional state. We have realized that Bryce only has two weeks of work left until Christmas Break and we are looking forward to the fun adventure that we will be having this winter. We will be hopefully leaving December 12th and driving first to Northern Utah, then we're going to California for Christmas at Disneyland. We will then go back to Northern Utah for a few more days, then we'll be traveling down to Southern Utah for New Year's and to stay for a couple of weeks. Then "home again, home again, jiggity jig" in time for school to start on January 18th. I have enjoyed Bryce's new job so far, but I think I will really come to appreciate the vacations that educators get to have. He gets to have time to both work hard and play hard and I get to stay home and take care of my little family. I really don't think life can get much better than this.
Sounds like things are going well for you and your family. We were hoping to see you when you come up to Utah.
ReplyDeleteHopefully we can get together. We're all looking forward to it.
ReplyDelete