Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Where do I start . . .

So I haven't written anything on my blog for quite a while. . . Partially because I haven't been taking very many pictures, and partially because I just haven't.  So let me see if I can go back in time and update everyone on what has been going on with the Allens.

First of all, we are back in St. Louis.  We had a lovely summer in Utah where Bryce and I worked for the Utah Festival Opera.  We were blessed to have my cousin, Miranda, and my sister, Nita, to watch Owen for me while I worked and then after my responsibilities were over, Nita stayed with us and worked for the Opera as well.  This summer was the summer of seeing family and getting back in touch with everyone.  We got to see many of our family and friends and it was wonderful to have them back in our lives for a short while.  We miss them already, but St. Louis is home for now, so we'll put on a brave face and see our friends again the next time we get to go to Utah for a visit.

Second, and this probably should have been first, we are expecting a baby this upcoming March 11.  After a few years of waiting and praying we felt it was time for our family to grow, and we have been blessed again.  As of our first ultrasound last week, the baby is healthy and active and seemed to be waving at the camera.  We will most likely find out the gender, but not for another 5 or 6 weeks.  Owen still doesn't exactly understand the concept of us having a baby, and he has put in a request for both a boy and a girl - but (I breathed a sigh of relief) the ultrasound confirmed that there is only one baby, so he'll just have to accept one or the other for the time being.  I haven't been as sick this time as I was with Owen, but I haven't felt great either.  My body doesn't seem to like processed sugar, so I've greatly had to reduce the foods that I like to eat, and I have been tired constantly.  It's made it hard to get motivated at times, but where my motivation lags, Owen is there to keep me active and busy.

Third, it's been nice being back in our house in St. Louis.  We've had several visitors since we got back home - The Smiths from Southern Illinois - twice, our new friends Rachel & James (Leslie's sister and her boyfriend who have just moved to St. Louis), Bryce's Aunt Sharon, and next week we'll have our friend Nik from Utah who is coming to help Bryce out with props for his current show at SLU as a guest artist.  We've also been getting reacquainted with some of our favorite places - such as the Zoo and the Science Center, and we've also finally visited the Arch and President Ulysses S. Grant's historical farm here in St. Louis.  Bryce has been working hard to get the first set built, since he only has until the end of the month to complete it, but he has a good bunch of kids helping him and it should be done in plenty of time for him to also get the sound design completed before the show opens.

All in all, we're keeping busy, having fun, and looking forward to this upcoming winter here in St. Louis.  I'll try to write more and keep everyone updated.  Take care everyone and know that we say "Hi!" to all of our friends and family across the country.  Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment