Friday, November 23, 2012

Turkey, Friends, and Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  This year for Thanksgiving our little family stayed home in St. Louis and had dinner at our house with our little family and one of Bryce's students.  We had a wonderful day.  In the morning, Bryce played with the kids so I could do the food preparation.  Then one of Bryce's students, Anna Rossini, joined us for dinner, games and desert.  

I am so very thankful for many things this year:  


I am thankful for my family - Bryce, Owen, and MayLynn; my parents, Bruce and Peggy Royer; my siblings and their families: Danny, Aleena, Memphis and Kayzee, Bradley and Alyssa, Teddy, Benny, Juanita, Emily, and Mary; Bryce's family: Mom (LaFon Allen), StacyAnn and J. J., Craig, Lindsay, and Emery, Jonathan, and Garrett; my grandparents: Wendell and Rosalie Christensen, and Grandma Mary Royer Riley; and all of our extended family.  

I am thankful for good friends: the Smiths, the Evans, the Brands, the Shapiros, Team Juvenile, the SLU theater department, Blanding friends, and everyone else that constantly loves and supports us.

I am thankful for food to eat and a warm house to live in.

I am thankful for the beautiful world that we have been blessed to live upon.

I am thankful for The United States of America and for all the freedoms that we are blessed to have in this country.

I am thankful for the pioneers, the pilgrims, and both my own ancestors and for all of those individuals who have come before me and paved a way to a good life for my family and me.  

I am thankful for the technology that allows me to keep in touch with all my friends and family so easily.

I am thankful for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and for the amazing influence and blessings that it brings to our lives.

I am thankful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I am thankful that FAMILIES ARE FOREVER!

There are sooooo many more things that I am thankful for, but for now this list will suffice.  

And now, for all of you who like the pictures that I post as much if not more than the things that I write, here are a few pictures that I took of the kids playing this morning (I forgot to pull the camera out yesterday).

 MayLynn enjoyed her roll and sweet potatoes this morning for breakfast.

She also has discovered a new joy in life: reading books.  She really likes looking at the faces in her dolly book. Also since I wrote last MayLynn has cut her first tooth, learned how to crawl and sit up by herself.  She enjoys being more mobile so much.


  Owen has been working hard this past month to earn stickers on his chore chart so he could earn his first allowance ever.  After he earned it Wednesday, we took a little visit to Walgreens down the street and he came home with a package of army men. This morning we learned the art of shooting down army men with rubber bands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment