Sunday, September 8, 2013

Happy Grandparent's Day!

So as I got on the computer this morning and went to check on what was happening in the world, I was informed that today is Grandparent's Day.  I am grateful for my grandparents and for my parents who are wonderful grandparents for my children.  I went through some of the pictures that I have and took some picture of the wonderful grandparents that have touched my children's lives.

First I want to thank my mom and dad, Peggy & Bruce Royer.  They live their quite life in Blanding, Utah, but we feel their love all the way in Missouri.

Then there are my in-laws, LaFon & Steven Allen. Dad Allen passed away a few years ago, and we miss him, but we still love him.  Mom Allen, thank you for keeping in touch with us and for all of your love and support.

Next, I'd like to thank my Grandma & Grandpa Christensen.  You've always been such an inspiration to me and we love coming to visit.  We will never forget all of the times we've had together.  Thank you for your love and support as well.

Always the traveler and wonderful example is my Grandma Mary. Along with her I'd also like to acknowledge and thank my Grandpa Ted Royer, Grandpa Tom, and Grandpa Max.  Grandma Mary always seems to be where the action is and has even wandered out our way a time or two.  Love you Grandma!

Although she is no longer with us on this earth, my Grandma Jane was always a great example of how someone can just keep on keeping on.  I have many childhood memories tied to her and Grandpa D.J. in Norwood.  Your memory lives on Grandma!
Although I don't have pictures to bring the rest of my grandparents to mind, I want them to know as they watch down on us that their legacy is continuing to live on through their grandchildren.  As mentioned above, Steven Allen, Ted Royer, Tom Riley, Jane Royer, and D.J. Royer.  Not mentioned previously but still in our memories reside Connie & Owen Dale Allen, Dora & Keith Simpson, and Esther & Orrick Stout.  And to our other ancestors that have gone before, thank you for your legacy and your love.

1 comment:

  1. This is so nice, Jenny. I'm glad you remember so many grandparents!

    ReplyDelete