Sunday, April 13, 2014

Creativity and Other Odds & Ends

So I have a couple of very creative kiddos.  I love to see the things that their imaginations create.  Owen has been especially creative with his Legos lately.  Pictured above are a couple of his recent creations.  The picture on the upper left is of a Lego scorpion whose legs can move.  Just below it is a friendly robot. Then of course there's a picture of the creative genius himself :).
Today we decorated some hard boiled eggs.  The kids colored a bit on the eggs with crayons and then picked the color that they wanted them dyed.  Then we put some fun Easter stickers on the eggs to make them super festive.  MayLynn's favorite part was adding the stickers, and while Owen seemed to enjoy the whole process, he had extra fun putting together some cardboard egg stands for them to be displayed on.

In other news, we are working hard to get ready for our move next month.  One big step was buying a car.  Bryce and I have been married for over 10 years now, but this was our first time buying a car - ever.  We did a whole lot of research, some test driving, and soul searching, and we can now say that we've purchased our first Minivan.  It's a 2002 Honda Odyssey - dark green colored.  I don't have a picture of the car from the outside, but here's a picture that I snapped of the kids yesterday afternoon.
They both like the room that they have, and it will be really nice to have for both the move and after the baby comes this summer. We will be parting with our poor old Ford Taurus before we move out west, but we've appreciated having it to drive for the past 7 years.  

Also, one thing that I'm going to miss from St. Louis when we move is Bryce's calling as Stake Young Men's secretary.  I've enjoyed tagging along with him for the past year or so to help out with youth activities.  Last night we were able to go the Tri-Stake Priest/Laurel Prom.  We had the first picture taken last night, and realized that about 11 years ago we went on our first date and part of that date was also a dance. The second picture is a picture from that first date in April of 2003.  
We may have been a lot younger 11 years ago, but I wouldn't trade those years for anything.  We've finished college, started a career, lived in three different cities, traveled, laughed, cried, and started our family.  We've grown up together and it's been wonderful so far.  I look forward to many more years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment