So we have now safely arrived in Utah and are getting settled in at Grandma Allen's house. We had a couple routine days moving across the country followed by a couple of crazy ones, but before I go into the crazy, let me explain the pictures. We gave Owen the camera for our second day of traveling, as we crossed Nebraska, and these are the pictures that he took and his description of our trip:
These are the people who went on the trip with us. There was Mom, Dad (his hat), Uncle Jonathan, Owen, MayLynn, Uncle Brad, and Echo (dog).
We drove in two cars, our van and the big moving truck. I liked it when I got to ride in the moving truck because it was awesome. And I liked taking pictures of the country and things I saw.
I saw a big grain factory. I saw MayLynn on Brad's motorcycle. I saw a army truck. I saw the hood of the moving truck at the gas station as it was filled with gas. I saw rain on the window of the moving truck. I got to sit on the motorcycle with MayLynn. I saw a regular semi-truck. I saw a sprinkler that waters plants and thought that it was going to spray us.
The trip was awesome and I liked it so much. I liked watching the rainstorm. I liked driving with my Uncle Brad and Uncle Jonathan. And I like being in Utah and staying with my Grandma Allen.
So that was the trip from Owen's perspective. After we got to Wyoming, I got a case of food poisoning and spent a day in the hospital in Cheyenne, WY. Bryce stayed with me while Brad and Jonathan drove the last day with the kids to Utah. After I was re-hydrated and feeling a bit better, they released me from the hospital and Bryce and I were able to get to Utah a day after our kids. Now we're here in Kaysville and getting ready for the baby at Grandma Allen's house. We're really glad that we made it across the country and that we can now get ready for the next chapter of our life here in Utah.
On another note, MayLynn and Owen get to start the adventure of sharing a room and MayLynn is learning how to sleep in a big girl bed. This was a picture of our cute little girl on her first night sleeping in a real bed. My kids are both getting so big and I love watching them grow.


Glad you made it & are getting settled. We hope to see you sooner than later!
ReplyDelete