I figured that it would be nice to get caught up on more of our summer's activities before the baby comes, because then I know that everyone will want to see pictures of her. So, here's what we've been up to the past couple of weeks:
The Friday following Owen's birthday we had a party for him at Heritage Park in Kaysville. We had yummy cake that Aunt Liz decorated for Owen and that featured one of his favorite things: dinosaurs. All of our kids' cousins except for Glen were there (we didn't get a picture of baby Jack, but he was at the party with his parents). After cake and presents, the kids had fun playing at the splash pad, and then we had an "after party" back at Grandma Allen's house where we had fun eating pizza and visiting.Although it wasn't a huge event, a week or so ago we gave MayLynn her first baby doll to help her learn how to be gentle with babies. I'm not sure how successful our purpose was, but she loves her baby and she will have a baby to carry around and take care of while I take care of our baby after she comes.
I took this picture of MayLynn and Owen this past Sunday before church to show how big my kids are getting to be. As I get ready to have our third baby, I have constant little reminders of each of the other two and how I felt when they were about to be born.
And last, but not least, my youngest brother, Benny, was married and sealed to his wife, Kayla, last Saturday in St. George, Utah. Because of how close I am to having a baby we weren't able to make it down to the wedding, but I did steal this picture off of Facebook so I could share the moment with my readers and eventually my scrapbook as well.
Now we're down to just about 3 days until our baby comes and as soon as I get my hospital bag packed we'll be ready to go. We have our room set up and ready for the baby, I have all the clothes cleaned and sorted, and the car seat is ready to be installed in the car. I feel more prepared for this baby than for the other two and I can't wait to meet our little baby girl.




No comments:
Post a Comment