Sunday, July 6, 2014

1 Week Old on the 4th of July

River celebrated her first week of being on this earth on the 4th of July.  She is already such a cutie, is very mild mannered, and likes to be cuddled by just about anybody.  We've had a lot of a family around this past week, so there have been a lot of people who have gotten to cuddle with her.
Holidays are time for the whole family, and it's been a lot of fun seeing how much bigger Owen and MayLynn seem to be now that we have a new baby to compare them to.  Owen especially has taken to being a big brother twice over very well.  I really enjoy watching him interact with River and I cherish the love in his eyes as he holds her.
Having a baby sister has made MayLynn seem so much older.  She loves her baby sister, and although she doesn't understand quite as well as Owen, she still loves her baby sister and has fun playing with her.  I hope that these two continue to grow up well together and enjoy having a sister close to play with.
Since I'm still recovering from having River, I didn't get to participate in activities away from the house on the 4th, but Bryce did catch this good picture of all the cousins together at the parade. From left to right (in the front) we have Jack (StacyAnn & J.J.'s son), Emery (Craig & Lindsay's daughter), Owen, and MayLynn.  Also in the picture we have Aunt Lindsay, Uncle Jonathan, Aunt StacyAnn, and Cousin Rilee (Bryce's cousin Jason's daughter).
Now, to help speed up my recovery and give them a chance to get to know my family better, Bryce has taken Owen and MayLynn down to Blanding to stay with my parents for a couple of weeks, but before he did, we took this quick picture of the five of us.  I'm hoping for better family pictures in the future, but for now, here are the five of us preparing to set out on the next big adventure of being a family of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment