This fall's soccer season needs an introduction. Owen signed up to play soccer last spring, but as soccer season drew near, I received a series of emails from the soccer organizers asking for parents to coach their kids so they could have enough coaches for all of the kids to play. At first I didn't pay much attention to the emails since I have two other small kids at home and because I knew nothing about how to play soccer. But by the third email that I got, I started to get worried that maybe Owen wouldn't be able to play soccer this fall if they didn't get enough coaches. So, after recruiting help (Bryce's brother Jon, who works here in Ogden), I signed up to be Owen's soccer coach.
Luckily, Ogden's soccer program is affiliated with AYSO (the American Youth Soccer Organization) and they provide online training, and then the equipment required to be able to coach. I spent over 3 hours getting the required training, and then I was given my roster, uniforms, and equipment. Now twice a week, at practice and games, I get to hang out with this bunch of boys as we all learn how to play soccer together.
Go Golden Ninjas!
No comments:
Post a Comment