
We've been having a good week here in the Allen home. Bryce has stayed on top of his homework and seems to be having fun with his classes. He gave his first test for the Stagecraft class that he is teaching and the class ended up with a 84% average, so he must be teaching them something (plus he loves teaching and is finding it very rewarding - better than going to class himself).
Bryce has been working on A Midsummer Night's Dream for the last couple of months. He is the Technical Director for this show and it is also his Qualifier. They are getting things done fairly efficiently and will probably have everything but the bugs worked out when the show opens the first week of October.
I (Jennie) had another first this week. I taught my first piano lesson. I am teaching two boys, ages 8 and 10. Neither one is very excited about taking piano, but their parents want them to have lessons until they can play the hymns well enough to accompany a group as they sing. I hope that I can help them overcome their reluctance to practice by convincing them that the more that they practice, the faster they will learn what they need to know and the sooner they will have accomplished their goal and won't have to have lessons any more. Mostly I want to help them find a way to have fun while they play, because then it is much easier to practice, and more rewarding.
Owen has been having a pretty good week. He's discovered that he'd rather play on his tummy than on his back when he's on the floor - until he gets tired, and then he only wants to be held. When he gets that way we've found that the swing is the best way to keep him happy if we need to be doing more than holding him. So thanks, Mom, for your wisdom in providing us with a swing.Well, my time is up for now. Check back soon for another exciting episode of our lives.
What did you say?
ReplyDeleteJR
I am going to force all my children to play the piano at least until they can play every hymn. I'll probably take lessons with them.
ReplyDeleteI just regret never having to chance to play the piano so I don't want my kids to miss that oppertunity. :)