Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Back in Carbondale

We made it back to Illinois safe and sound. We found our house as we left it - ready for us to just move it and make it our home. Owen has spent the day exploring and discovering all of his "new" old toys that we left behind when we went to Utah. Owen and I went with Bryce to the meet-and-greet that the theater grad students had this morning and Owen surprised everyone with his mobility and speed and his antics with a banana. (He still hasn't learned that you have to take the peel off to eat it.) We are working on teaching him boundaries, and he still hasn't quite learned that when we tell him to "come back" or "don't go there" that he needs to listen or suffer the consequences (mom or dad chasing him down and making him sit on our laps or near us for a couple of minutes before he can go wandering again). I think today he was just overwhelmed with the new places and people that seem familiar but not quite what he is used to because he has been doing pretty good at coming when we call him and usually obeys our "nos."

Anyway, I need to get to bed, but I'll try to keep in touch and update frequently so those of you who got used to seeing us regularly will still know what's going on in our lifes. Take care!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you made it safely home. We will miss you though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOT!!! Captain Harvey & I are super duper excited for you to be back. :D See ya sunday!

    ReplyDelete