So, now that I've got the hang of cooking meals again I've decided to try out some new recipes. If they are successful I will try to post them on my blog so anybody who wants can try them too. Here is this week's first success:
Chicken Wonton Soup (4-6 servings)
Filling:
12 oz ground chicken (or pork)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp grated, fresh ginger root
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tsp apple or white grape juice
2 green onions, chopped into small pieces
1 tsp sesame oil
1 egg white
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp sugar
about 35 wonton wrappers
Soup:
6 cups chicken stock
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 green onion, shredded
1 small carrott, cut into thin slices
1) Combine all the filling ingredients and mix well.
2) Place a small spoonful of the filling in the centre of each wonton wrapper.
3) Dampen the edges and gather up the the wonton wrapper to form a pouch enclosing the filling.
4) Cook the filled wontons in boiling water for 1 minute or until they float to the top.
5) Remove the wontons from the water and bring the chicken stock to a boil.
6) Add the soy sauce, green onion, carrot, and wontons to the soup. Simmer gently for 2 minutes then serve.
HEY! i made gyoza's this week too! The wrappers were on sale. Mine had hamburger, mushrooms, spinache, garlic, onion, ginger, and some soysauce. Chicken ones sound yummier though, but hey I had hamburger that neede to be eaten.
ReplyDelete