Being a stay at home mom is awesome! Owen and I have been having so much fun together. Today we walked to the park, holding hands and "talking" the whole way. Owen kept jabbering and I tried to understand him and keep up with what he was trying to say. He kept pointing out all of the cars, and he thought they were all BLUE. I don't actually think we saw a single blue car : ). We've been working on colors, but so far, unless we specifically tell him otherwise, everything is blue.
After the park Owen had a bath, since he got quite dirty at the park. His favorite bath toys today were his family of six rubber duckies. He has two normal sized ducks and four small ones. Today he gave them names: Daddy (the blue normal sized one), Mommy (the yellow normal sized duck), Me (translation = Owen), Owey (translation = Harvey, his best friend), Kayzee (I've been working on a afghan for my new niece and he keeps asking whose blankie it is), and Baby. He also reminded me of his Grandpa Royer as he tried to stick all of the baby ducks to his tummy using suction.
Now we're waiting for Daddy to get home so we can have dinner and Owen is watching Dinosaur Train, one of his favorite PBS shows. It has both Dinosaurs and Trains, so it is often asked for. Thankfully, we have a DVR with our cable, so I can record the episode in the morning and watch it whenever Owen has earned TV time. Somedays I can't imagine being a mother without modern technology.
Love this post Jennie! I love being a mom too wish I didn't have to work. I am loving my maternity leave with my sweet babies:) So cute about Owen and the duckies. Wish we lived closer so our boys could play. Oh and Dinosaur Train---Memphis loves that show too!
ReplyDelete