I have been wanting a tropical fish tank ever since Bryce and I got married, and that dream has finally come true. I used the money that I was given for my birthday and a gift from my Grandma Mary to buy the tank and get it set up. It is a 30 gallon squarish tank and the decorations include a few plastic plants, a couple of live plants, a sunken pirate ship, a dragon and a lava rock cave. Owen picked out the pirate ship and dragon and I think they look great in the tank. I set up the tank and let it set for about a week to let everything settle and make sure that it wasn't going to leak. Then I made my first trip to the pet store for fish.
Petsmart was having a special on glofish, so I got five of them (so they would school well together). Unfortunately the fish we not very healthy and four of them died within the first 36 hours. Luckily they had a 14 day waranty, so two days after my first trip to the pet store I returned and exchanged my four glofish for three zebra danios and three male guppies (I only got males because I like the way they look, but I didn't want a population explosion). The next morning one of the guppies had died, so yesterday I returned to Petsmart again and got two more zebra danios. Now my tank population consists of two male guppies, one glofish, and five zebra danios. No fish have died in the last 48 hours and they are all active and happy.
The guppies and the glofish are all bright and colorful, while the zebra danios are more plain from across the room, but are fairly pretty up close. All of the fish are active and fun to watch. They all school together pretty well and they look like they are playing tag as they dart across the tank and in and out of the plants and ornaments. Owen likes watching them swim around and likes to help me feed them. I find it extremely relaxing to watch them swim around and I can already feel my stress levels dropping : ). So thanks everyone for helping my fish tank dream come true.

So much fun! I love fish. Can't wait to come and see them.
ReplyDelete