I haven't taken any pictures this week, but I wanted to let all of you know what has been going on at our place anyway. The weather has been cold, but we haven't had any new snow, so Owen and I have been able to get outside a few times this week. On Monday we took a walk around the block with Owen riding his big wheel tricycle that Grandma & Grandpa Royer for Christmas. He tried using the pedals a little bit, but lost patience pretty soon and ended up using his feet on the ground to move. He'll figure it out eventually though - and we'll have fun learning together. We also went for walks two other sunny days and enjoyed the exercise and and fresh air.
The rest of the week was pretty normal, but I've been trying really hard to fix good dinners for my family so we will want to eat at home rather than eat out. Here are a few of our meals from this week: pork chops and sliced potatoes with a mushroom sauce and salad, orange beef with steamed rice, pork roast with rice and fruit, meat filled ravioli with a spinach mushroom sauce, and linguine with a sausage cream sauce. To help make it healthier we added salad to each meal. We then actually ate our leftovers for lunch (quite an accomplishment for us believe it or not). I feel that by focusing more on fixing my own meals and adding fruits and vegetables to our meals that we are going to be able to eat healthier and it will help me with my weight loss goals.
All things considered, we have had a really good week. We have been having fun playing as a family in the mornings and evenings and Owen and I have fun playing during the day. I feel so blessed to be able to have this time with my family. I've also had a lot of fun helping my dad figure out his website and the time that I have spent helping him out with this project has helped me get to know him better. Thanks Dad for letting me help you!!
Your food sounds yummy! Good luck trying to eat healthier and with the ice storms, etc.
ReplyDeleteHey Jennie, I have been incorporating more health food into our diet as well. I found this super great website www.cookingwithmykid.com the lady is kind of a health nut and her husband is vegetarian so the food she makes is very health friendly. I have tried a few recipes and liked them and have printed off a bunch more that we'll try out.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to cook at least 1 new thing a week for us and that has been a fun adventure. It keeps dinners from just falling into the same old patterns. and it is a whole lot cheaper than eating out every day - you may not think so with the grocery bill adding up, but in the long run it's the better plan.
I am going to try posting the new food recipes that we try on my blog so you can always look there for something to try. :)
Good luck in your goal! It will be great.
I'd love to have more time to cook but working full time is not inductive to great meals some days.