Saturday, July 2, 2011

Owen's Third Birthday


So - I haven't blogged for a while.  I've been busy working and playing this summer.  I haven't taken a whole lot of pictures either, but I am going to share some of the ones that I have taken.  First of all, Owen loves trains, so I was going to make him a very neat and elaborate train birthday cake, but while I was shopping for cake mixes and asked him what type of birthday cake he wanted he was very, very determined that he didn't want a train cake, he wanted a transformer cake.  So a transformer cake it would be.

First we made two cakes, and on one of them we added a transformer robot named Bumblebee.  Nita and I worked together to make it look like a friendly yellow robot.  The second cake was decorated with Bumblebee in his car form.  Since there is some discrepancy out there as to whether Bumblebee was a Volkswagen Bug or a Chevy Corvet, the car on the cake can be somewhat interpreted either way.  Owen just thinks it's a race car, so he didn't care if it didn't look like either : ).

For his birthday party we met at Grandma Allen's house in Kaysville.  In attendance from Bryce's side of the family were Grandma Allen, Uncles Jonathan, Garrett and Craig, and Aunts StacyAnn and Lindsey.  From my side of the family there was Aunt Nita, Grandma and Grandpa Christensen, Uncle Danny, Aunt Aleena, and cousins Memphis and Kayzee.  Our friend Megan was also able to be there with us.

We had fun eating cake and opening presents and then the adults (including Nita - she may be only 17 but she fit better with the adult group than with the kids: ) had fun visiting with each other and holding Kayzee while Owen and Memphis chased each other 'round and 'round the house.  We played until everyone was tired and then one by one everyone when home and we called it a night.  It was wonderful getting everyone together and we want to say thanks to all of our family and friends for being wonderful.

Also - since kids are much cuter to look at than adults - here are a couple of pictures of the kids at the birthday party.
Owen and Memphis both wanted to blow out the candles.
Kayzee is just a little sweetheart as she played and snuggled with everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Owen! Looks like you guys are having fun. We sure miss you.

    ReplyDelete