As I sit inside this afternoon wishing it was warm enough to take the kids outside to play, I remembered that I didn't post the pictures that I took of them playing outside last week; so here it goes. . . .
We had a couple of nice days last week, but one day it was sunny, warm and dry at the same time, so I took the kids to the park. MayLynn is mobile enough that she is no longer content to sit in the stroller and watch Owen play, although she is still too young to turn loose in wood chips. So we compromised by letting her swing, for about 20 minutes or more. She was thrilled.
And since Owen isn't content to let MayLynn do something that he isn't doing too, Owen also chose to swing at the park.
After pushing both kids on the swing for nearly a half-hour, Owen finally got bored and decided that instead of sitting on the swing, he wanted to push it. That lasted for about 3 minutes, until the swing started going sideways and MayLynn was no longer happy, but at least he was willing to try.I know that it's still winter, and I want it to stay winter as long as possible so that summer and the heat stay away as long as possible, but it sure was nice to be able to escape cabin fever for an afternoon and have fun swinging at the park.





So Jealous! I think we might have gotten warm enough to have our icicles drip a couple times today, but certainly not warm enough to go to the park.
ReplyDelete