Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Past Month . . .

So I know that I haven't posted anything for a month or so, but for at least part of the time I had a legitimate excuse.  In the middle of January about 1/4 of the keys on my keyboard quit working about half the time, so I tried fixing it - and it quit working completely.  I used Bryce's laptop to check my email and stuff while I tried to decide whether it was worth getting a new keyboard for my 8 year old computer, or whether I should just go to Goodwill and see if I could find one there.  Well, I ended up using Plan C.  One of the families from church was cleaning out some of their old stuff and offered to anyone who could use it.  On the list was a keyboard and monitor, as well as a cute little play kitchen that is the perfect size for MayLynn.  So, I was able to replace my broken keyboard and my nearly dead monitor as well as acquire a fun new toy for my kiddos.

Now a little bit about this little toy kitchen. . .  It really is MayLynn sized and quite small for Owen, but that didn't stop him from wanting to play with it too when I brought it home.  MayLynn was content to play with just the kitchen itself, but Owen knew that he had to have tools to use with it.  So, I dug up a couple of plastic utensils, a plastic bowl, and a small cup or too and Owen proceeded to show MayLynn how a kitchen is suppose to be played with.  Ever since the two of them have generally had to take turns (to avoid the inevitable tears) but they've had fun "making dinner" while Mommy cooks in the kitchen. 
Another thing that has kept me busy this past month is my piano lessons.  I now have 10 piano students and I teach lessons Monday - Thursday afternoons.  I have fun teaching my students, and they have fun playing with my kids when it isn't their turn.  Below is a picture of Owen with Nora, Vivian, and Ella Wright - three of Owen's favorite people.  While Nora and Ella have their lessons, Vivian plays with the kids.  On the day that this picture was taken MayLynn was having a nap and they found Owen's dress ups. Before we knew it we had a team of super heroes that were ready rid the world of all evil doing.
MayLynn has also decided that it's not fair that everyone else gets to play the piano during my lessons and she has to play downstairs with Owen and other friends.  So, sometimes during the day I will let her have a moment or two to play the piano too.  Isn't she a cutie?
We had one snow storm this past month that gave us enough snow for Owen to play outside in.  On this day, while MayLynn was having her morning nap, Owen and I went outside and found that the snow was perfect for making a snow man - not too dry and not too wet.  So of course we had to take advantage of it and make our one snow man of the winter.  Owen has been having a hard time staying still for pictures lately, but I was able to get him to sort of stand still and smile for this one.
I hope that everyone out there has had a good month as well and that you'll forgive me for being remiss in my blog posts.  I will try to post more often and keep all of you updated on what's happening with our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment