Time passes and kids grow bigger. That's the story at our house. Owen is now a tall (47 1/2 inches) and skinny 5 year old who is over the 95 percentile in height for his age. He's going to be starting kindergarten next month and he's ready to take on the world.
MayLynn has been growing too. She's now about 33 inches tall - which puts her at about the 50th percentile for her age, and she finally reached the 20 pound mark (7th percentile for weight, but at least she's on the growth chart :). She likes music and dancing, looking at books, and chasing anybody around the house.
As for me, I'm actually shrinking - and I'm only a few pounds away from my first weight loss goal that I set in March. I've been walking 2-4 miles per day and trying to eat healthier food and smaller portions. It's made a big difference for both my health and energy levels and there have been a few time when I've actually worn Owen out while going on our walks.
Bryce is keeping busy, as always. He's working as a carpenter for a couple of weeks at Stages St. Louis, and helped finish up Legally Blonde the Musical and start My Fair Lady. Next week he's going to start building a set for Max & Louie Productions and working on a sound design for Insight Theatre. And of course, coming up in August he'll be going back to work at SLU for his 4th year as TD/Sound Designer.
And that, my dear friends and family is the Allen Family in a nutshell.


No comments:
Post a Comment