Here in St. Louis the big fad of the fall is rubber-band bracelets and necklaces. I didn't realize how big the fad was until I went and helped out at Owen's class one morning. I was reminded of boondoggles, POGs, and Chinese Jump Ropes from my own school days. So when the kids and I were at the dollar store last week and Owen chose to buy a bracelet making kit with his own money instead of a toy or candy I was proud of him for realizing that it wasn't Mom & Dad's job to give him what all the other kids had. We brought the kit home and had fun making a couple of rubber-band bracelets together (the blue ones).
The next day Owen went to a birthday party for one of the kids in his class and was given another bracelet kit as a party favor. That afternoon we made a rainbow bracelet and a necklace for my cute little boy.
Owen was happy to have bracelets like the other kids and I enjoyed making them with him. My little boy is getting bigger every day and I love him sooooooooo much!



No comments:
Post a Comment