Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Holidays Begin

Holiday preparations are well under way at our house, but before I talk about that, I want to share a couple of pictures from back in November. 
The picture on the top left is one that I took at Owen's Veteran's Day concert at school.  They sang a collection of patriotic songs and had a lot of fun.  The rest of the pictures were taken on Thanksgiving. We left town for a couple of days and went to Branson, MO. We met up with our friends, the DeGraws, for Thanksgiving Dinner and we had fun playing games and eating a delicious meal.  It was my first time ever cooking a turkey and it turned out beautifully.
After Thanksgiving, we started decorating for Christmas.  I finished crocheting our stockings after Christmas last year, so this is our first year with our new stockings.  We also have managed to fill up our Christmas tree with our 10 years of memories.  I also put up my nativity sets in my hutch this year to keep them safe from little fingers that like to get into everything. To top it all off, we have the count-down chain that Owen made at school to keep track of how many days until Christmas.
And last, but not least we had a gingerbread invasion.  I made gingerbread men and the pieces for a gingerbread house earlier this past week. Yesterday Owen and I decorated the gingerbread house. Owen did most of the decorating and I just put the frosting where he wanted to stick the candy.  We had a whole lot of fun and Owen thought it was the "best day ever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment