One fun thing that the girls and I get to do each day is go pick up Owen from school. Since Columbia Elementary is only a few blocks away, I pack up the girls in the stroller and we walk there. Once we get to the school, MayLynn likes to get out and play until Owen gets out of school. Lately she has really enjoyed playing in the leaves. River has just enjoyed being outside and watching her sister run around.
Another fun thing that Bryce and I did this month was go on a date to Frightmares at Lagoon. It was my first time at Frightmares and it was a bit anti-climatic. I once again have proof that Bryce's work in theater has made it really, really hard for anything scenic or costume related to scare me in any way. So what would have scared the beejeebers out of me before I met Bryce has now become common place and humorous instead. I did really enjoy going on a date with Bryce, riding rides, and enjoyed not having to watch the kids every moment.
Here's an October update on how our cute little river is growing. She's been interacting with her toys more and really likes this little turtle that plays "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and vibrates. She also likes playing with her brother and sister, which resulted in Firegirl River!
On a more gruesome note, Owen got his first stitches this month. He accidentally knocked over his hermit crab tank while feeding them and the glass broke over his knee. I was really impressed with how calm he stayed while I pulled the tank off of him and got the glass cleaned out of his wound. Because the tank was used for pets, and because I wanted to be sure that I got all the glass cleaned out, I took him to the doctor and they cleaned it up for us and put in two stitches since he's a very active boy and I didn't want it to keep popping open. It's healing nicely and I should be able to take the stitches out myself to save ourselves another trip to the doctors' office this month.




No comments:
Post a Comment