Sunday, November 4, 2018

Halloween 2018

I count Halloween 2018 as a success for our household. As usual, the evening before Halloween, we carved Jack 'o Lanterns. Owen had cub scouts, so we carved the girl's pumpkins while he was gone. MayLynn designed her "batty" pumpkin and I helped her carve it.
 
River named her pumpkin "smiley" and daddy helped her.
After the girls were in bed and Owen was home from cub scouts, Bryce, Owen, and I carved our pumpkins. Emily just chose to watch this year, but participated in her own way.
After we were done, we decorated our front porch with our masterpieces.
The next day was Halloween. Owen was BB-8 from Star Wars. MayLynn was the Princess Zelda. River dressed as the Disney Princess Elsa for pre-school and as a cute little witch for trick or treating. I had a cute pumpkin shirt that Emily created for me. Emily was an elf. And although I didn't get a picture of him in his costume, Bryce wore his big black cloak and joined us for trick or treating this year as well.
We had fun going around our neighborhood. The kids filled their treat buckets, and I enjoyed visiting with our neighbors. We have lived in this house for almost four years, so I realized that while I still have quite a few neighbors that I still need to meet, I feel at home and comfortable in our little corner of the world. It was a good Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment