Thursday, December 22, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

Christmas is nearly here and I've posted very little about all the fun things that we have been doing.  Some of our projects have been "Top Secret" and I will post about them after Christmas so I don't spoil any surprises, but I have taken quite a few pictures this month so I will share a few of them with you.

We decorated for Christmas this year a few days after Thanksgiving.  We put up our tree - which is packed full of memories - and my nativity sets (I'm starting to take after my Grandma Christensen I guess because I have already started collecting them).  I even added a new nativity set to my collection this year - one from the Friend magazine that Owen and I assembled together.



Here's Owen with the Nativity set that we put together.  The picture may be a little bit fuzzy, but it shows how much fun we had making it together:
We have also had a lot of fun making treats for various occasions.  Here is Owen helping me make Christmas shaped rice-krispy treats:
And last, but not least of all the pictures is the excitement that Owen has had as we've received packages in the mail.  He's been content to have them wrapped and put under the Christmas tree, but I think his favorite so far was the big box that came from Grandma Allen - proof once again that sometimes all a little boy needs to have fun is a big box and his imagination.

1 comment: