Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Baby Girl
So as of today (Jan 11, 2012) I am 31 weeks 3 days pregnant and after a couple of months of minor worries we have been given a good bill of health. My pregnancy this time around hasn't been horrible, but it hasn't been the easiest either. To start things off my morning sickness - rather than making me horribly sick like it was with Owen - just made it hard for me to eat anything and so by my first doctor's visit at about 13 weeks I had lost 6 pounds and just wasn't feeling very well. I continued to lose a little bit of weight over the next couple of months, and that, combined with a baby who did not want to co-operate with the ultrasound technician and some strange shadows in the images led to some worries that she might not be developing the way she was suppose to. At that point they referred me to a specialist and I started another series of ultrasounds where they determined that I had several fluid-filled cysts in my placenta that didn't seem to be interfering with the baby, but they wanted to be sure.
They've continued to monitor me and the baby and at our ultrasound this morning they found that most of the cysts have gone away and one or two that are left have shrunk. So they (my doctor and the ultrasound specialist) have decided that since Baby Girl has continued to grow as she should, is active and developing properly and since I've finally started to show some weight gain (after 7 months I'm finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight) that we've reached the homestretch with a clean bill of health. So now we are down to about 8 weeks until baby and for the first time in a couple of months I no longer have a nagging worry in the back of my mind that something might be wrong with my baby girl. I can now focus forward on getting everything ready for her arrival. So March 6, 2012 is a date that I am looking forward to with anticipation and excitement. We love you Baby and can't wait to meet you soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad things are going well. Good luck with the preparations and delivery!
ReplyDelete