Since I have spent 3/4 of the month of October fighting a cold, the kids and I have found ways to keep ourselves occupied indoors. To do so Owen and I have had a whole lot of fun making Halloween decorations. I could post individual pictures of all of the different projects, but I think a collage will give yo a good idea and let you see our fun in one big lump:
Part of the fun of Halloween time is not only the decorations, but the costumes as well. MayLynn's costume was easy. I just recycled Owen's first Halloween costume (although he was 4 months at the time and she's 7 months, it fit them both : ). Here's my cute little bumble bee MayLynn:
(to see pictures of Owen as a bumble bee click HERE)
When I first asked Owen what he wanted to be for Halloween this year he very adamantly said, "Captain America!" And since he didn't change his mind even a little bit, Captain America is who he is this year. I found the uniform and mask at Wal Mart, but since he's had a whole lot of fun playing around the house with home-made shields all fall, I figured that I would make his shield. So with cardboard, paper mache and a little bit of paint we ended up with a pretty awesome shield for my little super hero. And the night before our church Halloween party we had a little bit of fun trying on his costume for the first time:
Here's Owen with his pizza cardboard shield that he's been playing with for a couple of weeks now:
Here he is with his new shield:
And just for giggles, here's a picture of Cape Mask Shield Guy who came to visit that same night:
The next day, as we got dressed up to go to our party, I took a couple more pictures of Owen outside with better lighting so you can see Captain America in all his glory:
I also took a couple of pictures of both Owen and MayLynn together. Here are my cute little Trick-or-Treaters:










You should tell Owen that Captain America is my favorite avenger. Your kiddos are adorable. Happy Halloween!
ReplyDelete