Thursday, April 4, 2013

Easter Break

Last weekend, Bryce had several days off for Easter Break, so we decided to have some fun with our kids.  One big thing that we did was take them to the zoo.  They were having training/preview shows for the Sea Lions for 1/2 price, so we decided to see a Sea Lion show (much nicer in 50 degree weather than in the middle of the summer).  Both of the kids really enjoyed the show, and although I did get a few pictures of the Sea Lions, I prefer the pictures of Owen and MayLynn - so I'm sharing those instead:
On the Saturday before Easter there was an Easter egg hunt at one of the parks near our house.  MayLynn was too young to participate, but not Owen.  We got there a few minutes early and had fun on the swings.  Afterward Owen got to pick up Easter eggs with the other kids.  I was very proud of my Owen during the Easter egg hunt.  There were quite a few eggs, but I didn't want Owen to be too greedy and make it so other kids wouldn't get any eggs.  So we gave him a limit.  We told him that he could pick up 10 eggs and then he would be done.  When the egg hunt started and chaos ensued, Owen went out into the field, picked up his 10 eggs, and then came back to us without feeling like he needed to pick up any more.  He was just happy to be able to get the eggs and to be able to count them : ).  

Eventually the weekend was over and Bryce had to go back to work, but we sure did have a lot of fun during the time we had to play together.  Bryce was able to spend time with his kids during the day, and MayLynn especially thought that playing with Daddy was the funnest thing ever.  I am very grateful for my little family and for the fun that they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment