Sunday, April 7, 2013

It's Always Fun When Grandma Comes

Grandma Allen came to visit last Thursday, and we've been keeping her busy with all kinds of fun.  On Friday we walked to a nearby park and had fun playing at the playground.  Grandma had fun, the kids had fun, and I had fun too. 
Saturday we went to the Children's Garden at the Missouri Botanical Gardens.  It's pretty much a 2 acre playground. They had fun playing and climbing in and out of the trees, learning how locks work to help boats travel up and down dammed rivers, stacking small logs, and playing in the sandbox.  I'd nearly forgotten about this fun St. Louis attraction, and we'll definitely be back again.
To top off an already fun day of gardens and General Conference, we pulled our our little fire pit and roasted hamburgers, hot dogs & marshmallows for dinner.  This was the first truly warm weekend we've had this spring and I'm really glad that we were able to spend a lot of it outside.
Grandma's visit is not quite over - she doesn't have to go home until Tuesday - so our fun isn't over yet, but we've enjoyed the time that we've had so far.  Thanks Grandma for coming to visit!

1 comment:

  1. Harvey says, "Owen! Owen! Owen! Please can I play with him?"

    ReplyDelete