Monday, May 13, 2013

Copy Cat

MayLynn LOVES her big brother and wants to do everything that he is doing.  Today we were playing outside and Owen chose to ride his bike.  So of course MayLynn wanted to ride something too.  So we found Owen's old ride-on dump truck and she learned that it's fun to ride and she can be just like her brother.
 This even included crashing the bike/truck together and checking the controls before racing.
Next came the cutest part of the morning.  I have a small watering can that is Owen's "gas can" for his outside vehicles.  First, Owen had to put more gas into his "motorcycle:"
Then he had to put gas into MayLynn's truck:
MayLynn watched in fascination, and then she wanted a turn.  First she had to get the gas can from where Owen had put it and walk it over to her truck:
Then, just like her big brother, she had to put gas into the truck:
At this point, unfortunately Owen didn't appreciate the imitation too much and I had to settle the battle of the gas can.  All parties survived the battle unscathed, although the ending result was a nap for a sleep girl and some quiet-down time for a little boy, but we did have fun and I look forward to seeing what other antics these two are going to come up with this summer.

1 comment:

  1. Those two are so cute together. I mean they are cute all on their own, but together it is just too cute.

    ReplyDelete