Monday, May 27, 2013
Happy Memorial Day!
Today we got to go the annual Memorial Day Picnic at our church. We had fun coloring, playing games, and touring a fire truck and an ambulance. Then we got to attend a flag ceremony and devotional performed by our scout troop. They also retired a number of flags - giving them a proper incineration and retirement while one of the young men played Taps on his trumpet. Following the flag ceremonies we had a wonderful BBQ meal. It was nice to see friends, enjoy some beautiful weather, and good food, but I think that my favorite part of today was watching Owen while we said the Pledge of Allegiance. We've been practicing it the past week or so, and while he didn't know all of the words, he knew most of them, and he knew to stand respectfully with his hand over his heart. I was so proud of my little boy, and I hope he will grow to understand how blessed he is to live in a country where he is free.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment