Monday, May 20, 2013

Owen's Last Day of Preschool

Here is a picture of Owen with his preschool teacher - Mrs. Brown.  

Owen has flourished at preschool this past year.  Owen started preschool last September, and I was nervous and had a hard time letting my little boy grow up (here's my blog post for his first day of preschool).  But it has been a wonderful experience and he has grown up so very much.  He has learned how to count to 100 and read numbers to 1000, he's starting to read and write three letter words with short vowel sounds, and he's wonderful with patterns and other project based learning systems.  His preschool was Montessori style and he loved it, but we've decided that we're going to go ahead and try normal public school for him when he starts kindergarten this fall and hopefully he'll have a teacher that can keep him from getting too bored.  I am so proud of my Owen and I know that we'll have fun learning together this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment