Monday, August 25, 2014

Weber State University's New Faculty Retreat

Two weekends ago I got to go with Bryce to beautiful Midway, Utah to attend a New Faculty Retreat for Weber State University.  Grandma Allen, Owen, and MayLynn came up to Heber City to be nearby and Bryce, River, and I got to stay at the Zermott Resort.  During the 2 1/2 days of the retreat we learned a lot of important information about being a full-time employee and teacher at Weber State, and got to enjoy the beautiful Wasatch Mountains.
The first day of the retreat, Bryce and I took a 4 mile hike with a group of other new faculty, and the pictures above show the beautiful sights we saw as well as a rainbow I saw in the evening after a brief rain shower.
These are pictures of the resort - first the view from our bedroom's window, the decorations on/around the fireplace in the lobby, and the fancy bed that we got to sleep in.
On the last day that we were there, we had Grandma, Owen, and MayLynn came join us at the resort  for some swimming, sight seeing, and a ride on the carousel.
It was hard to leave the fun behind, but when it was over we returned home to finish getting ready for school to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment