Friday, February 24, 2012

Our Baby's Blessing Gown

Since December I've been working on crocheting a blessing gown for our little baby girl and I'm pleased to announce that the project is now complete.  Here's a picture of the gown, and a headband and baby booties that I made to go with it:
 Here is a picture from another angle so you can see the top a little bit better.  
This is the first article of clothing that I've ever crocheted.  I've made hats & scarves before, but never anything as complex as this and I really, really like how it turned out.  The booties are even my own pattern.  My friend Leslie will be helping me with a slip to go underneath it (the skirt is a bit airy) since I don't sew.

Here's a picture of our baby's dress laid out in the crib that Bryce made a few years ago for our children.  I'm very glad that we have been blessed with talents and abilities that allow us to make nice things for our family.

4 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job! you will have to make one for my child when I have one someday. It is very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful Jennie. I'm so glad you posted photos, it reminded me that I need to make a slip. :P I have been a bit spacey lately. Sorry about that. Anyways I will have it done in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem - we still don't know when we'll be blessing her since I figured getting her here is the first priority. I made it to fit up to a 3 month old, so it should fit for a while (or at least that's the hope).

      Delete