Today I don't have any fun pictures to share or any momentous occasion to record, but I just have a craving to sit down at the computer, type a little bit, and let my family and friends know what is going on in my life. As I sit here, Owen is playing with his cars and and an airplane that he made out of legos. The airplane is flying around the room as one moment he sings snippets of nursery rhymes or primary songs, and then the next he is making battle noises and getting the pretend "bad guys." He has such an imagination and it's fun to watch him grow up a little bit more each day. I sometimes miss my little baby boy who would sit quietly on my lap and cuddle - the days of quite cuddling are now few and far between - but I enjoy being able to take my big little boy by the hand and make cookies, take a walk to the park, or let him help push or carry a shopping cart or basket at the store.
A constant distraction from Owen's antics is the frequent movement inside my belly. We now have less than four weeks to go until we get to meet our little baby girl. I am constantly dreaming or planning of how I want things to be when she comes, but so far most of the plans are still dreams, since I still don't have the nursery put together yet - but hopefully soon. I am looking forward to my baby shower on Saturday and then I get to sit down and figure out what I still need to do be able to prepare for this baby. I feel slightly more prepared this time around than I was for Owen, but I know that she'll be her own little miracle, and the joy and change that she will bring to our family is something that I'm looking forward to.
Never far from my thoughts is my wonderful husband. Bryce works hard to provide for his family and although it is sometimes hard for him to not stay home and play with Owen and me, I am very grateful that he is willing to go to work each day so I am able to stay home with my children. His current show seems to be going okay, with tech rehearsals coming up in just over a week. I am amazed at how well he is juggling work and family right now, and though I know he sometimes gets lost in thought deep into the night, he manages to find the motivation to get up and keep on going each day. I feel guilty having to have him help me lift and carry things around the house right now, but I am so very, very grateful that he's willing to help me keep the laundry and house clean. Thank you Bryce for being so wonderful.
Right now my thoughts have also been going a lot to my dear Grandma Christensen who is currently recovering from a bad fall where she fractured both of her knee caps. I wish that I lived close by so I could go visit her and help Grandpa around the house, but I am am grateful for those family members who are able to help. I love you Grandma and want you to know that we are praying for you - as Owen says "to help have Grandma's knees quit being broke." We are grateful for the news that you are starting to regain some mobility and that you should be able to go home relatively quickly.
To my missionary heroes - Benny & Garrett - I want to thank you again for the wonderful example that you are to Owen. I know that he's little now, but he likes to see the missionaries in our ward and have them come over for dinner. When he gets older he will know that his uncles have served missions and that hopefully that will be a goal that he will set for his own life. Our prayers are with you as well and though I may not be the best at keeping you constantly informed on our status, I hope you know that we love you and support you in what you are doing. Keep up the good work and know that we are very proud of you.
To all the rest of my family and my friends, I am so very grateful for your love and friendship. You have helped us grow and become the people that we are today. We miss those of you that are far away, but know that we love you and appreciate all that you have and continue to do for us. Unfortunately, my time for reflection is over and other responsibilities beckon, but I want everyone to know that we are doing well, we are happy, and we have been blessed in so many ways. Take care and I will try to write again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment